Five Partners Collaborate in Industry-Wide Survey
Last fall, with generous support from E4TheFuture, we collaborated with Building Performance Institute (BPI), Efficiency First (EF), Home Energy Magazine and Energy & Environmental Building Alliance (EEBA) to conduct an industry-wide survey. The survey was conducted by a third party, Acadia Consulting Group to ensure anonymity in responses. Here you will find the summary of the results. Some highlights include:
- The single biggest challenge to residential energy efficiency and clean energy improvements is Awareness and Education
- Contractors find the availability of low-cost financing, support in recruiting employees, and sales/lead generation support among the most helpful resources the building performance industry could provide.
- Weatherization Agencies find the availability of recruiting support and more learning/educational opportunities among the most helpful resources
- The highest rated potential policy initiatives focus on rebates and tax credits, weatherization for low-income families, financing, and contractor training.
- National and local policy advocacy, consumer awareness, and training and workforce development were rated as the most important needs for the five collaborating partners to focus on.
This collaborative effort between the Building Performance Institute, Efficiency First, Energy and Environmental Buildings Alliance, Home Energy Magazine, and Home Performance Coalition is just the start. We will be working together on more opportunities to support you and build the home performance industry.
To learn more about these partnerships, visit our partner page: www.homeperformance.org/partners.